Thursday, October 11, 2012

Patience



People tell me I’m a very patient person. They think I was born that way because they don’t know what I’ve been through to get here.

I woke Jon up today at 8:30 am with a hope of making it to his program by Noon-ish. At 2 pm he moseyed out of his room and got in the car. So much for that! Since he was already in the car, I decided we were hungry so I brought him to a local sports grill/deli we like, got out of the car and took a seat at a patio table outside the establishment to wait for him to join me. This is what Jon did after I left the car (I actually timed all of this, for something to do):

12 minutes -  Sat inside the car. 

3 minutes –  Stayed in the car after he finally opened the door. 

8 minutes -  Stood next to the car looking around, staring at the ground, doing ?????, just standing there! He finally closed the door. I locked the door with my remote.

4 minutes – Fooled with door handle. Punched numbers into an “imaginary” keypad on the door, used some gadget from his pocket as a “remote” to pretend he was locking or unlocking the door.

2 minutes – Stood by the car some more.

2 minutes – Stood on the grass median that divides the parking lot from the driving lane.

1 minute – Walked across driving lane to restaurant. Thank goodness no one ran over him!

2 minutes – Stood outside the restaurant door.

I stood up, opened the door and waited for him to go through. He stopped in the doorway so I booted him inside. That was at 3:15 pm and we’re still here. It is now 7:00 pm and all he has eaten is French fries and half a slider.

So here are my options: go stark raving crazy or learn patience? Most of the time I opt for the latter! 

Anybody need more patience? Will let you borrow Jon for as long as needed….Anyone? Please??

Philippians 4:11 I have learned [am learning-help me Jesus!] how to be content in any circumstance

No comments:

Post a Comment